Rule of Law
The Rule of Law Thematic Group draws on the experience of the Solutions Alliance, will seek additional partners engaged in rule of law activities in displacement situations and will propose to the Solutions Alliance more effective ways of collaborating at global, national and local levels to ensure that rule of law initiatives are designed to support the search for solutions and the establishment of conditions conducive to rendering those solutions durable.
The Group aims to:
- Improve the level of coordination among rule of law actors in displacement solutions operations;
- Provide a platform for rule of law actors to address issues arising out of specific displacement solutions strategies and situations at a global level;
- Develop a common understanding of the minimum standards for displacement solutions targets in rule of law areas;
- Share or produce quality rule of law operational guidance on different aspects of rule of law programming adapted to the specific needs of displacement solutions;
- Initiate and maintain a dialogue with affected states on rule of law issues and programming that relate specifically to displacement solutions or that might require adjustment to address the specific needs of displaced populations; and
- Contribute to consistent messaging on and representation of rule of law issues relating to solutions for displacement in both development and humanitarian fora.